I thought it would be fun to make small stocking ornaments-- and it was pretty easy! Here is the finished result:
- Draw a small stocking outline on a piece of cardstock (I made mine about 3 inches long). Cut it out.
- Use the stocking you just created to trace and cut out enough cardstock stockings for each student.
- Trace stockings onto the back of various pieces of scrapbook paper.
- Give each student one cardstock stocking and one piece of scrapbook paper.
- Have students cut and glue the cardstock stocking to the scrapbook paper stocking. I also had mine write their names, grade, and year on the back of the stocking.
- Laminate for longevity.
- Hot glue cotton balls along the top of the stocking-- I cut the cotton balls in half and then spread them out before gluing.
- Punch a hole near the top of the stocking and tie on a ribbon.
Also, it would have been fun to buy real small stockings for students and let them decorate with buttons, ribbon, puff paint, etc.
I hope this gave you some fun ideas! Thanks for reading!