- 12 Days of Christmas (topical focus & activity every day-- see the unit I purchased here)
- Holidays around the world (we will do this the last week before break)
- Grinch Day (I plan for this to be our last theme day before break!)
So you'll definitely want to come back in a few days to read more about my activities!
Tomorrow will start the 1st day of Christmas (Christmas Tree Day)! Here are the short activities I have planned:
- Read a tree-themed picture book & complete a graphic organizer (I'm going to read this one because Scholastic always has great prices on picture books!)
Last week I read my kids the book "Night Tree" and we learned about main idea and details-- this would have fit in nicely! This little tree craftivity came from December's Rooted in Reading!
- Eat a tree shaped snack (I know the kids LOVE those seasonal Little Debbie cakes or brownies!)
- Create a tree craft! I found this idea on Pinterest and made a FREE template for you! There is a large one and smaller one-- mine is the larger one. (I am not sure I will do names-- we could do almost anything we are studying!)
- Do a Christmas tree themed scoot in math! This particular scoot is geared toward 3rd grade multiplication skills and can be found HERE in my store.
The unit I bought also comes with printable bag covers. You can buy Christmas bags and glue the covers on-- I found a pack of 13 plain bags in the crafting section at Walmart, laminated the covers, and hot glued them on the front. Every day I plan to put in the craft supplies, snack, book, math activity, etc. Here is my one for trees (I haven't filled it yet!)
I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! Thanks for stopping by and I hope you gleaned some amazing ideas for you room!