- Jar (you can also use a jar with a lid or a vase-- really anything you want to be your date idea holder)
- Spray paint-- 1 color (and 3 different colors of acrylic paint)
- Twine (or ribbon)
- Date ideas (these are easy once you start to make a list)
- Popsicle sticks (or long slips of paper)
- Sharpie or paint pen
- FREE date night printables
So let's make it!
1. Take your jar (or vase) and paint it the color of your choice. I took an old mason jar (bought at a thrift store for like $0.50 and spray painted it a matte pink:
2. Choose a color scheme for you popsicle sticks. You can paint the entire stick-- you can paint only the tips (which is what I did)-- or you can even dye sticks! The options are endless. I decided to use purple, blue, and green acrylic paint. Choose 1 color to be cheap or at-home dates. Choose the other colors to represent slightly more pricey and expensive/dates that take planning.
3. Download a free copy of the "date jar" printables-- print and cut out your favorite. I've also included 3 lists of date ideas and a blank page to write down your favorites!
4. Once your sticks are dry you can use a Sharpie or paint pen to write down your date ideas.
5. Finish your jar by using twine or ribbon and attaching the "date night" logo.
Also, if you'd like some more ideas check out my post below: