I know it's no longer Friday-- but last night was Valentine's Day-- I'm sure you can understand :)
So here are 5 things I'm digging this week:
Despite all the snow days-- I somehow managed to finish my Valentine's Day bulletin board. The only problem? We were out of school so long that it's now PAST VDay (and my kiddos haven't even seen the board!). I'm just going to leave it up for awhile-- because it makes me happy-- and it was fun to create!
We were studying adjectives a few weeks ago (feels like years!)-- and I came up with this fun idea for our board. Here is how we did it:
1. I cut apart a class list and each student drew a name.
2. Everyone secretly wrote down adjectives to describe their person.
3. I went to www.tagxedo.com (an awesome site, if you've never been) and typed in all the adjectives.
4. I formed the word art into hearts (you can make a TON of shapes) and formatted the colors to be Valentine's colors.
5. I printed off the hearts, cut them out, and stapled those babies up!
I love the fact that we could work on saying nice things about each other-- it never surprises me how sweet kids can be-- and we ALSO got to practice our adjectives. Here's a few pics of the finished board (sorry for the closeup-- the hallway is so narrow I can't back up far enough to take a decent board pic!)
I'm also super excited about some of the new things in my store-- like this fun multiplication freebie-- click to pic to go download (ratings are loved and super appreciated!):
And this adorable center themed to go along with my Journeys reading lesson "Dogzilla" (which is a fabulous and hilarious story-- you need to go read it!)
I'm loving the beautiful flowers my husband gave me yesterday. I adore stargazer lilies!
I finally finished the wooden letters for my niece-- I just have to get them to my sister... Living 6 hours away from family can be really hard!
And lastly, yesterday my new lunch box order came in (gotta love thirty one!). I can't wait to use it next week!