Next, I created a lot of various documents to use in my school's Open House! Click on the picture below to see the packet (36 pages)-- PLUS it comes with zebra homework folder labels (quite a steal!)
Finally, I have spent the last few weeks in my classroom setting it up for a new year! This year our school-wide theme was jungle. We all took it as "Jungle/Safari" theme. It's a jungle safari (or so I tell my husband when he argues with me about the animals in a jungle vs. a safari)!
Here are some pics of my room! First, my lovely mother sewed me some curtains to cover shelving and valences for the tops of my windows:
|These lovely curtains hide a lot of storage items!|
|It's really hard to get a shot since it's by the bright window!|
|Plus my desk prevents me from backing up too far!|
|Long bookshelf-- now black and yellow!|
Now for some jungle decor!
|My corner tree-- jungle leaves from Cricut machine :)|
|This is the board where my kids track their AR points-- they write the scores on little laminated safari hats and change them every time the score goes up|
|Vines from Hobby Lobby (ceiling) and monkeys from Cricut|
|Obviously I need an updated name plate :)|
|Tree outside my door (I am adding more leaves soon)|
|Hallway bulletin board (with student names)|
|Clothespin animals in the hallway for hanging up work!|
And there you have it-- I don't feel like I got very into the theme this year... maybe next time!