1. I got engaged!
2. I only need 2 more classes to be done with my Master's degree!
3. It's only a few weeks until Christmas!
Ok, so in retrospect that wasn't very much. But they feel like very important life changes. And both, with the exception of Christmas, are happening next spring (fingers crossed that I can pull it off). Anyway, I find it's important to be able to take some time off and relax-- Here are some ideas:
1. Crochet. Random items. Useful items. Anything that strikes your fancy.
|Poor Ellie and her sweater....|
|My first grown-up tree and skirt!|
2. Do a different type of crafty item. I have made some Christmas items (like the above tree skirt) and this stocking for Ellie Mae.
3. One of my FAVORITE ways to relax is with a hot cup of coffee (using the best creamer of ALL time-- limited edition)
4. Read a good book. If you are like me and you only enjoy reading teen or kid books, then I am going to list some of my favorite books that I've read this year.
- Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card
- Gregor the Overlander, by Suzanne Collins
- Savvy, by Ingrid Law
- Finnikin of the Rock, by Melenia Marchetta
- The False Prince, by Jennifer Nielsen
- Graceling, by Kristin Cashore
- Because of Mr. Terupt, by Rob Buyea
How do you stay stress free at such a busy time of year?