As I'm watching "Never Been Kissed", I can't help but think back to the first time I saw this movie. I kid you not-- it was in 8th grade-- IN class. That's right. I don't think our teacher knew what she was letting us watch (granted, it is only rated PG-13, but we all know Footloose is rated PG and it has quite a few bad things in it).
I tried to make some more homemade jewelry today. One was a button bracelet-- which I think came out ok. Here is the link to the DIY directions.
The other was a crocheted bracelet-- which pretty much flopped. I think the yarn was too thick:
Oh well, you win some. You lose some.
I also tried a new recipe-- Chocolate chip muffins. Here is the original link to the original recipe. I looked at some of the comments and adjusted the recipe. Here is how I made it:
1. Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
2. Mix dry ingredients:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I will add more next time!)
3. Mix wet ingredients (separate bowl)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
4. Mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients (don't over-stir-- just until it's mixed-- the batter still looks lumpy)
5. Pour into muffin tins (grease tins if you're not using muffin wrappers)
6. If you would like, sprinkle some sugar and/or brown sugar on top of muffins before you bake.
6. Bake for 16-18 minutes (check middles to make sure they are done)
This recipe made about 18 muffins. Not bad. I will definitely make them again.
Hope you tried something new this weekend as well!