Ok. So I was sitting around one day (and by "one day" I mean 5 minutes ago) and had too much time to think (and by "too much time" I mean 5 minutes).
Anyway- I started to think about what we humans call "guilty pleasures". Here are some definitions I found for guilty pleasure:
1. Something you shouldn't like-- but like anyway.
2. Something you love to do-- but you just cannot admit that you do it.
3. Keeping a secret collection of ABBA and Carpenters and listening to their albums when no one else is around.
4. Something you enjoy-- but would feel horrible if somebody found out.
Well I apparently feel like bearing my soul- because I am about to share some of my guilty pleasures with you. And perhaps after I share, I won't have to feel so ashamed anymore.
Here we go:
1. I bought this bag of candy for my students. But I haven't given them any. Every day after school I eat several pieces... I feel like I've earned it. It tastes good.
2. I enjoy watching teen drama shows on TV. Like Vampire Diaries. (oh the shame...)
3. I drink from the same glass all week long (It's not really something I enjoy, but I DO enjoy not having to use my clean glasses.)
4. I secretly like Katy Perry and singing along to her horribly catchy songs.
5. I like to sing along with Glee songs (it makes me feel like I'm in choir again)
6. Anytime a marathon of America's Next Top Model comes on TV-- I MUST watch it. I will spend the entire day in front of the TV. The same goes for reruns of The Biggest Loser. I've also set through continuous episodes of Project Runway.
7. I enjoy watching The Price is Right. I even get angry when the President comes over the TV to make a speech and I can't see the Showcase Showdown! (But now that I'm working full time I never get to watch it)
As of now, I don't feel less guilty... If anything, I feel kind of old because of that Price is Right comment... Great.
So how about you? Anything you'd like to get off your chest? (Like how much you miss Bob Barker?)