So, inspired by one of my closest friends-- Heather-- I have decided and deliberated and written out a list.
What is this list going to be about?
Well, once upon a time there was a popular movie series titled "Lethal Weapon". I believe there were 4 total-- starring Mel Gibson and Danny Glover. But that's another story.
Hang on to your mind-- so I don't lose you at the turn--
Ok, there is a TV show called "How I Met Your Mother" and on this TV show the main character, Ted, came up with a list he called the "Murtagh List". Because in the movies Lethal Weapon, Danny Glover's character was a little bit older than Mel Gibson. And things kept blowing up, people were kidnapped, bad guys running rampant, guns being fired, etc. And throughout the entire series Danny Glover (Murtagh) had a saying... He would always say, "I'm too old for this stuff." (Except in less polite terms)
Have I lost you yet? I hope not.
Well, anyway, my friend Heather wrote out her very own "Murtagh List" of things she is too old to do. I loved this idea, so naturally I created my own.
Is this the list I am sharing with you today? No.
I got a little sad thinking about things I am too old to do. So, instead, I wrote another list. I call it my "Anti-Murtagh List". In other words: Things I am too young to do.
Because I still have a life to live. So here is my Anti-Murtagh List...
I'm too young for this stuff:
1. Always be getting acid reflux (seriously-- I take like 1 Pepcid AC every day)
2. Have bad knees
3. Go to bed before 10 (unless ill or suffering from jet lag)
4. Worry incessantly about where my life is going...
5. Sit around and only watch reruns of CSI/Law & Order on TV
6. Settle for always wearing something comfy over something cute/trendy
7. Worry about health insurance
8. Give up trying to exercise
9. Think I am doomed to be a nun or hermit for the rest of my life
10. Always choose staying at home instead of going out.
And there you have it, I'm sure there is more to be had. What about you? What are you too young to be doing?
Maybe tomorrow I'll share the things I'm too old to do. We'll see.